Kindness is our core
At The Refinery, kindness is what defines our people, culture, and community. It is the thread that connects us, makes us feel good, and informs all of our actions. And in our talented collective of passionate ego-free thinkers and doers, we believe EVERYONE deserves a place in which they are treated with kindness. That’s how we do things, and that’s what makes our work and our people the best in the business!
Click here to view our BEDI Commitments
Click here to view our jobs
We are evolving.
Recruiting kind people into a supportive creative environment is just not enough. We see that, and hold ourselves accountable to becoming a better reflection of the demographics our clients serve. So as we continue to educate ourselves, we strive for greater diversity of thought in how we approach our work and our workforce. Because we know broader perspectives only strengthen our value and our culture and ultimately create better work.
Belonging, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion will become the ‘North star’ for how we evolve over the next few years. And we’re already making steps toward that shift.
- Hiring a Director of Culture and DEI
- Improving cultural fluency through education, training, and experiences
- Dedicating financial support to organizations that support social justice initiatives
- Promoting a Leadership Team that represents employees and balances decision-making
- Listening to employees, getting them involved in how we shape the future of The Refinery
- Centering belonging as a core value in Refinery culture
This is challenging work, but we are fully committed to the journey to making our industry more just.
- Creating new pathways for talent to develop within The Refinery
- Employing more equitable recruiting, hiring, and retention strategies at all levels
- Ongoing evaluation of our employee lifecycle
- Seeking partnerships with organizations to generate opportunities for underrepresented, marginalized groups in our industry