Kindness is our core
At The Refinery, kindness is what defines our people, culture, and community. It is the thread that connects us, makes us feel good, and informs all of our actions. And in our talented collective of passionate ego-free thinkers and doers, we believe EVERYONE deserves a place in which they are treated with kindness. That’s how we do things, and that’s what makes our work and our people the best in the business!
Click here to view our BEDI Commitments
Click here to view our jobs
We are evolving.
Recruiting kind, creative employees is just not enough. We see that and hold ourselves accountable to becoming a better reflection of the clients and audience we serve. So as we continue to evolve, we strive for greater diversity of thought both in our approach to work and toward our workforce. Because we know broader perspectives strengthen our values, our culture, and our work.
Belonging, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion will guide our evolution over the next few years and we’re already making steps toward that shift. We admit, change hasn’t always been easy, but we’re committed to the work. And here’s what we’ve accomplished over the last year:
- We had incredible engagement with our internal BEDI communications that placed belonging at its core.
- We had several recruitment wins addressing areas of needed growth.
- We nurtured a culture that attracted an unprecedented amount of employee returns.
- We empowered a self-sustaining culture club run entirely by employees.
- We need to be more strategic with supporting and sourcing talent from industry partners. This will widen our net while also supporting new and existing talent in our industry.
- We see that Leaders are central to further amplifying BEDI initiatives. So, we’re adjusting our sails to leverage that opportunity to maintain lasting change across the company.
- We are listening to and acting upon the advice of our workforce which makes us better. We will continue to seek more ways to engage in this effort.
Here’s our next opportunity:
- Hyper-focus on reinforcing sustainable BEDI change across the company starting with leaders at the highest level.
- Further ongoing refinement of company processes and policies with a BEDI lens.
- Develop new and creative ways to promote and recruit new and existing talent.
- Create greater synergy between BEDI and HR to continue co-creating and improving our employee lifecycle.
Feel free to check back with us for more updates as more opportunities arise!